European Union Co-financing
The campaign Savor Europe and the program of activities within the campaign were based on the guidelines stated in the regulations concerning informative and promotional actives aimed at popularizing agri-foods on the external markets and the third countries. The legal basis were set and amended by the European Commission in the years 2007-2013. The strategy adopted in the campaign allowed it to be co-financed by the European Union funds, as a result of complying with the following requirements:
- planning the activities on the Turkish market indicated by the Commission as a potential Destination Country;
- focusing on promoting the image of European meat (beef) on the Turkish market;
- embracing program’s Target Groups indicated by the Commission, in particular: distributors and associations of distributors, traders, journalists, and opinion leaders;
- actively changing the negative stereotypes concerning animal derived products;
- delivering statements that emphasize the guarantee of meat products’ safety by providing objective and comprehensive information concerning the legal regulations on that matter being in force within the European Union member states and within a particular country;
- providing face-to-face workshops for the Target Group concerning particular quality systems emphasizing their transparency; complete identification and product labeling; the products’ quality and standards exceeding common trade norms.